How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
If you’re in Hamburg and looking for a new work truck, you may be wondering what the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity is. When properly equipped, the RAM 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds, which is a Best-in-Class Light-Duty Pickup V8 Engine Towing capacity. Combined with its suite of towing features, the RAM 1500 is ready to take on your toughest job. Read more about the RAM 1500 towing capacity below, then contact us at Outten CDJR to see our RAM 1500 inventory!
RAM 1500 Engine Options
Drivers in Reading will have four RAM 1500 engine options to choose from to optimize power and towing capacity. Every RAM 1500 engine comes standard with a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission to provide smooth and responsive shifting. See the specs and the RAM 1500 towing capacity for each of the available engines below:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I
- Delivers 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, and tows a maximum of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
- Produces 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a maximum of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
- Output is the same as above, but towing is boosted to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine
- Generates 260 hp with 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a maximum of 12,560 pounds (the highest diesel tow rating in its class).
It’s important to mention that the payload capacity of the RAM 1500 ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the trim level you choose.
RAM 1500 Additional Towing Features
Whether you’re working at the job site in Pottsville or heading on a trip with a loaded trailer, the RAM 1500 comes with multiple towing features that will make your drive safer and easier. See some of the features below:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Working in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system, the TorqueFlite® Transmission helps the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The standard 14.9-inch brakes provide greater stopping power on the roads in and around.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available safety feature watches your blind zones and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available 60/40 split gate offers more ways to access the bed, making loading and unloading easier than ever.
When asking the question: How much can a RAM 1500 tow? The answer is clear! With these towing features and a towing capacity of up to 12,750 pounds, the RAM 1500 can tow your heaviest load without breaking a sweat.
Test Drive a RAM 1500 With Outten CDJR!
With advanced towing features and an unmatched towing capacity, you won’t need to ask “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” when you’re on the job site in Schuylkill Haven. Test drive a RAM 1500 with Outten CDJR today, while you’re here you’ll be able to see our new vehicle specials and apply for financing with our Finance Center.