How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
When properly equipped, the all-new 2019 RAM 1500 is capable of towing up to 12,750 pounds with a maximum payload of 2,300 pounds. With specs like that, there’s nothing you can’t do on Reading job sites! The RAM 1500 boasts Best-in-Class V8 engine Towing*, and for the 2019 model year, you’ll get better fuel efficiency and heightened capabilities. Explore the new RAM 1500 towing capacity, features, and engines with Outten CDJR below.
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Pottsville drivers will have a choice of three engines with the RAM 1500, each one offering unique performance specs. A standard 8-speed automatic transmission is featured across all engines. Take a closer look at each engine’s specs:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: Delivers as much as 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, with a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: Capable of delivering 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, with a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: The HEMI® engine with eTorque shares the same performance specs as the engine above, but your towing capacity is upped to 12,750 pounds.
Payload capacity will range from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on which configuration you opt for. While you’re here, compare the 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity with the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity to see which model year will fit your needs.
Towing Features Grant Drivers Peace of Mind
The powerful engines certainly do a lot to help you tow through Schuylkill Haven with confidence, but you’ll also be able to rely on these incredible towing features to get the job done safely:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Together with the eTorque mild hybrid system, TorqueFlite® assists your RAM light-duty truck to earn an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 14.9-inch brakes increase your stopping power, so you’ll feel in-control during Leesport stop-and-go traffic.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This optional system monitors your blind spots while accounting for trailer length.
Drive Home in an All-New RAM 1500 Today!
Ready to take on the all-new 2019 RAM 1500? Contact us to schedule a test drive today. While you’re here, you can test out all the advanced technology features available with the 1500, and you’ll see just how hard even the base level engine works. If you’re from out of town, by the way, discover our favorite Hamburg restaurants and summer attractions you can stop at while here. But if you’d like to continue your research from home, you can compare the RAM 1500 vs. Chevy Silverado as well as the Ford F-150 to see how the RAM bests its top competitors, and also check out our Ram 1500 lease deals. You can also see which Jeep model best suits your needs before coming in with our Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Compass and RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500 comparisons, and discover how much the Jeep Grand Cherokee can tow. If you’re eager to get the process started from home, though, you can apply for financing now to get pre-approved.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup